2013 was an exciting and inspiring year in many regards. And we’re not just talking the arrival of Prince George or the fact that the new Pope rides an electric bicycle.
1. Renewables become cheapest option for many utilities
2. Utilities look toward new business models
3. Storage goes mainstream
4. Electric vehicles have banner year
5. Transportation apps are on the rise
6. Cities get serious about building efficiency
7. Deep energy retrofits are the new black
8. China tackles air pollution
9. Companies put a price on carbon
10. Industry gets efficient
2013 looks like the year when the recovery in renewable energy occurred. When American companies start putting a price on Carbon, one has to start taking it seriously.